Monday, May 2, 2011

A Year in Review

WOW..woke up this morning and realized that me and the ex broke up around this time last year. That was ridiculously quick!

And my.. it's crazy how much has change within a year.

We still chit chat now and then. Mostly to catch up or when I want his opinion on something. I would say things are great between us. No hostility, that's for sure. Couldn't ask for a better post-relationship. Appears as though he is doing extremely well for himself. We are healthier-happier human-beings and separating was by far the best decision we ever made.

Onto myself, lost the ego somewhere along the lines of time. It was a much needed process. If my head was to get any bigger, I seriously think it would have exploded. Like I've said before, I might have delayed my medical school entrance and sacrificed a year of my life. But the trade is well worth it because I became such a better person. If only there was a way to do both! Nonetheless, I have no regrets, just a tiny amount of shame..if that makes any sense at all. Basically, I am happy with who/what I have become and therefore grateful for the path that brought me here.

The single life post-breakup was wonderful with the support of family and friends! It was a truly unique experience to meet new people and celebrate youth in full throttle. Thank you to all those (especially Hong ^_^) that made it possible. During that special time, I was privileged enough to meet the man that I hope to wake up to for the rest of my life.

I promise developing a romantic relationship with him was a shocker to myself more than others. Til this day, I still can't believe we're together and happily at it! It appears as if the feelings arose out of thin air... like magic? That's love after all, right? I have yet to meet someone that makes me feel so confident and loved. He makes me feel comfortable in my own skin. He encourages and adores my bizarre behavior. He's supportive of my actions, my dreams, and aspirations. Tells me that I'm beautiful...even with my hair cut short like a teenage boy! Pinches my cheeks. Hugs me tightly. Kisses me abundantly. Makes sure the covers are on me so the stupid mosquito that somehow got into our room won't bite me in the middle of the night. And best of all, there's no one that can calm and comfort me like he does when I'm angry, upset, scared, or nervous. He can make the the worst rainy days feel like a breezy sunny day at the beach! I LOVEEEEEEEE HIM!!

We were extremely cautious and debating whether we should start anything at first because we both still have much in life to take care of, but when something brings you such happiness and security, why would you allow yourself to past up something so profound and special!?

So yes, a lot has occur in one year...a lot of spectacular things and I hope there's more to come...like medical school acceptance...*HINT HINT GOD!! That would really make this year THE BEST YEAR OF MY LIFE!! LOL... just kidding, whatever that man above has planned for me, I trust he will play my life out in my best interest. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, let us all enjoy today with joy and love.

2 comments:

Rose said...

lol, it is funny you wrote a recap about ur year today...because that was something that I also thought about today! :P what a coincidence! I was reminiscing about us chillin out at Tom's pool...and how it's been another year already!

I am very happy to hear about all your endeavors!:) And glad you are now one of the "lucky" ones! Oh how a year can really bring so much change!

Phamtastic said...

Ah yes...Tom's pool! lol good memories...

Thanks for your kind words, indeed I feel extremely lucky!!