Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Family Time

The one thing I love most about holidays besides the little break from school is the the time I get to share with my family. Friends come and go, lovers come and go.. but family, they are there for life. They were there the moment you were born and they'll be there the day you die. My family isn't too big since my mom is the only child. We don't have any aunts, uncles, or cousins. My mom did, however, manage to pop out six of us so we aren't exactly the smallest family either. It can get quite noisy when we gather, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
The females in the kitchen screaming over one another. The males chilling with a beer in the living room. The kids running all over the place. It is one of those irritatingly pleasant things about life. The noise, the chaos, the love...<3
Must admit, I feel such a huge void and emptiness now that they're gone. I miss them dearly. I can't wait until they come visit again!! It is just so heartbreaking to be away from loved ones...

On a brighter note, my brother and his wife have arrived safe and sound from Vietnam! We shall see how new sis-in-law will adjust to bratty ole me... >8)
The other two have learned to love me over time so I'm sure she will to...
It's so funny my mom even had a talk with me because she knows how I am. Hey, there's a rite of passage for everything, including being accepted into this crazy family!

No comments: