Saturday, December 25, 2010

Have Myself a Merry Little Christmas

him: Merry christmas :-)
me: Merry christmas old man...im really glad i met you.... :)
him: :-) likewise munchkin

That was one of the sweetest moments I've experienced all year. I honestly don't remember the last time I had a merry little Christmas. For the past several years, I have spent many Christmases either in tears or awkwardness. I can't stop smiling this time around even though it barely feels like Christmas. Who am I kidding? The temperature is merely 50 degrees, we didn't have a Christmas tree, and I was the only one who took the time to wrap presents. Oh, let's not forget, half of my family is out of town. So yes, it doesn't feel quite like Christmas on the outside, but the warmth I feel inside my heart is undoubtedly Christmas-y.

You know a person is special when you choose to ignore their past because all that matters is the happiness they bring you. You know they're special when they haven't laid a finger on you, yet there exist a deep bond.  

He's somehow managed to slow down this fast pace world of mine and showed me one step at a time what it's like to truly build a connection.

I hope everyone out there is having as a wonderful or even better Christmas than I am...Merry Christmas everyone!!! 8)

No comments: