Sunday, January 9, 2011

What Now?

I've been reading a book recently called Why is God Laughing: The Path to Joy & Spiritual Optimism by Deepak Chopra. Highly recommended! It's not meant to be a book that will give you deep realizations, but it does touch bases on some valuable life lessons threaded with humor throughout. It's a quick read for people that have short attention spans like myself!

The book definitely provided me with new perspectives on fear, ego, and addiction to 'old self' in addition to The Power of Now and A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle.
I think I'm going to reread A New Earth. Now that I'm in a different place, I'm sure reading it a second time around will give me new insights.

I get this question often and I feel as if I should just address it so I'll know my directionality in life.
The question: "So what do you do now that you've graduated?"

To be honest, I have no freaking idea...but I kind of have an idea if that makes any sense, probably not.

Basically I am waiting for my acceptance into medical school.
I plan to retake the MCAT, which is much more important at this point than getting a job so I'm postponing the whole finding a job ordeal until I get the hang of studying.

Here's an overview of my agenda
New York City vacation
Relaxing weekend filled with nothing but sleeping and eating...lol
Hardcore studying for MCAT all the way up til my exam, which I plan to take in March.

At the same time, I will be increasing my volunteer hours to CCD every Sunday. Hospital and English class on Mondays, VIPS on Wednesdays. My 'future job' evidently have to fit somewhere in between.
I also have to set aside time for my friends and of course my most adored significant other.

I forgot! I also need to look into what I'm going to do if I don't get in this year, God forbid..meaning I have to reapply to medical school and find something to occupy myself for a whole year. No bueno, but it's absolutely possible.

So I hope that has answered the question...what now that you've graduated.

No comments: