Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Unattainable Peace

I like to think of the world as good, and for the most part I still believe that to be true. There are many things we cannot control in the world, but the one thing, or person more so,we can control is ourselves. Maybe that's why many self-help books seem to emphasize on this unrealistic belief of peace, love, and optimism in the world. Since you're the only person you can control, you might as well be one extra mother effer that believes and promotes the more positive aspects of life. It's a big, big world out there, but for the majority of your life you get to see, oh what, 2% of it..if even? It's the same thing everyday-house, car, work, home again. That's the world in our eyes and we might as well make the best of it.

On to my point, what is it with this world peace thing? Realistically, it's impossible..for now at least. In the past, when everything was fine and dandy in my life...it was easy to believe in something as world peace, because it existed in my own little world. When turmoil surfaced, people's true colors were exposed. It brings me to question if I cannot attain peace within my own little circle of friends that consists of less than 10 people, how can we possibly attain a peace that is wide-spread among 7 billion people in the world? Uh..yeah good luck with that.

I'm not trying to be cynical or pessimistic. It's just at some point I have to snap out of the sheltered mentality that everything/everybody is good and it's going to be okay.

Once again however, I stress the point that you should still make every attempt for peace in your own life and for the people around you. If it works out...great, but if not, hey you did your part and that's all that matters.

No comments: