Friday, November 12, 2010

Within Reach

Have you ever faced a situation where you can't have what you want? It's right there in front of you, within your reach, within the width of your arm span, all you have to do is reach out and hold on, but you can't.  I'm sure you have and I think we can all agree it's a miserable place to be in...the shallow breaths, the sweaty palms, the rapidly beating heart..the yearning.

Some people are so amazing, it's beyond what words can even describe.

One more month, one more month to see what happens. If I can't have you completely darling ...I don't want any part of you at all... 




Wake me up when it's over,
Wake me up when it's done,
When he's gone away and taken everything,
Wake me up.

Wake me up when the skies are clearing,
When the water is still,
'cause I will not watch the ships sail away so,
Please say you will.

If it were any other day,
This wouldn't get the best of me.

But today I'm not so strong,
So lay me down with a sad song,
And when it stops then you know I've been,
Gone too long.

But don't shake me awake,
Don't bend me or I will break,
Come find me somewhere between my dreams,
With the sun on my face.

I will still feel it later on,
But for now I'd rather be asleep.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

her new album is out! norah jones is just pure amazzzzing!

Phamtastic said...

I know!! I adore her!! I need to go download that album man! Thanks for updating me you music whore! lol

Mimi said...

i can't help it...its incorporated into my life ^_^ let me know if you need a link for it