Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pre-Thanksgiving

As we approach Thanksgiving Day, I can't help but begin to assess what I am thankful for this year. It has been quite a year for me. Started the year with a wonderful trip to California. Experienced a major bump in the road with the ending of my long-term relationship in April. Miraculously transformed my life by evolving my state of mind. Healed from the pain and found peace within by the end of summer. Awesome trip to Miami with the ladies in August. Applied and interviewed for med school by November. Currently maintaining my grades. Graduating in three weeks. Life is pretty damn goooooood.

On top of all these events and happenings, I can't forget how grateful I am for my mother, my family, my friends, my church community (esp. the kids), the list goes on.
What a necessary holiday, a day to sit back, eat well, and think of all the wonderfulness we have been blessed with.

Thank you God!! ^_^ 

Oh, I also must say I'm quite thankful for being single. I was dreading the thought of being alone at first, but single sure does have its advantages. No commitment, no drama, so much freedom.. 8)

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food,
For love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends

-Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)


What are you thankful for this year?

No comments: