Monday, August 9, 2010

A Mother's Love

I can never express enough gratitude towards my mother.
That woman means the world to me..and I know I'm the universe to her.
There are times when I wish she didn't love me as much, not only because it's a hassle for me at times, but because I know it hurts her too. However, I am extremely thankful to have her as my mother. I'm sure we can all agree it's a miracle how our mothers can love us endlessly, hopelessly, and expect nothing in return. There is absolutely nothing greater than a mother's love.

This morning she brought me freshly prepared avocado/cucumber face mask. She smiled and asked if I'll treat her as well as she ages or will I just dump her in a nursing home. I laughed and told her about how I skipped on a fun trip to New Orleans/Biloxi just to be with her. Her face lit up as she said, "thank you." I don't know what it was, but it brought me to tears. Maybe I'm just sensitive... but I love how such simple acts make her happy. Just being by her side was enough.

To the woman that taught me how to forgive quickly, love openly, laugh constantly, and to strive endlessly: I love you...8)

No comments: