Friday, August 6, 2010

Singlehood Update

August marks 3 months of my singularity. First off, I can't believe I made it thus far without running back. Secondly, my improvement over the past few months has been remarkable. I'm extremely satisfied with my progress.

Today I watched a movie alone. My ex and I used to watch movies together all the time. Surprisingly, I found the experience quite enjoyable. The fear of being alone has slowly dissipated and I'm beginning to appreciate the time to myself. Just the other day, I picked up a self-improvement book...LOL something I definitely NEVER saw myself doing. It's really funny to watch me work on bettering myself, growing, and evolving. When I was in a relationship, I always thought about him or us. Barely anytime for me, this is all very new to me and I'm trying to utilize this time efficiently.

When I bump into people I know, the first thing they always ask is 'are you here alone?' I think it's such a common question because deep down most of us are afraid to be alone. However, I spent the last quarter of my life dedicated to another person so the time I now have to myself is extremely valuable. It's a new chapter in my life. One of self discovery and improvement until the next big event arrives.

Don't get me wrong, I still get lonely at times. I miss having someone to rant to about my day. I miss having someone to cuddle. I miss having someone to call my own. But I know this time alone is essential for my growth and well-being.

To the guy that helped me move on, if you ever read this, I want you to know you played a very special role in my life. I could not be here today if you never entered my life. Even though we didn't work out and I was extremely heart-broken, I know God put you in my life for a reason. You hit a very soft spot and you gave me a glimpse of hope. You brought me happiness and made me believe that somewhere out there one day I'll find a relationship where love can be shared equally. In the short amount of time that I knew you, you were just the right touch to change my life for the better. Thank you, you have no idea how much you mean to me...8)

No comments: